Growing up in the coal region, hot bologna was a staple but most often was found in a popular commercial version. You can make this local treat at home quite easily.
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- 1 ring or garlic ring bologna
- 2 tablespoons dried red pepper flakes, to your choice of heat level
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- Slice ring of bologna in desired size chunks or slice pieces lengthwise. Place in large glass bowl or jar.
- Add crushed red pepper and salt.
- Pour white vinegar and water over the bologna.
- Shake or stir well to mix. Refrigerate. Allow to stand a minimum of two days before serving. Store in refrigerator.